The 2nd World War 1939-1945:
The protection force, formed on September
1 coast defense ship (NIELS IUEL)
6 torpedo boats (GLENTEN and DRAGEN Classes)
4 submarine tenders, patrol- and survey ships
5 patrol cutters (from the Custom service)
1 patrol vessel (from the Ministry of Fishery)
1 from the Lighthouse Authority (temporary)
11 sea planes stationed in Copenhagen
2 with the naval units at Aarhus
2 stationed at Slipshavn.
9 aircrafts at the naval base at Avnø.
Coast defense works:
Command Center Lynetten
The Royal Danish navy had 4300 men on active duty.
Source: Parlamentarisk Kommission, Vol. 1, page 177.